Sunday, September 23, 2012

LOL #18


The day was long and busy and the smiles were few and far between. It was 8:30 at night. The kids had been given some semblance of dinner earlier in the evening while I busily tried to "catch up."  They were now into the nightly shower and sulk routine because I was forcing them to get ready for the impending doom of bedtime.  An umpteenth load of laundry had just been folded and put away. The hubster had just arrived home from work.

We talked for a bit, catching up on the day's activities. I tucked and prayed my little nutter butter into bed and secretly hoped my older two would soon be ready for the same so my evening could begin to wind down. 

With my stomach rumbling a bit, I walked to the kitchen and reached for my easy go-to dinner when it's really too late to be eating - cereal.  I poured myself a rather unexciting bowl of mini wheats and turned to the frig, opened the door, and reached for the milk jug.

Instantly, I was jolted by surprise at the site of a Cheesecake Factory bag on the top shelf of the refrigerator!  I quickly shut the door, making sure my children weren't around to see my decadent discovered treasure.  And when I realized the coast was clear, I opened the door again. As I did so, my knight in oh so shiny armor walked into the kitchen.  My eyes met his and a smile grew across my face like you wouldn't believe!

I walked straight to that bowl of cereal, opened the box back up, and dumped that strawberry coated shredded cardboard, uh, I mean wheat back inside.  With fork in hand, I want straight for the dairy again - this time in cheesecake form, of course.

After my first bite, I jumped back up from my chair; looked at the confusion on the hubster's face; and exclaimed, "I've got to take a photo!"  The result - this week's LOL shot. 


1 comment: