Sunday, June 17, 2012

14, 2, 2, 5, 53

Fourteen years, two months, two days, five hours, and fifty-three minutes ago my wonderful hubby became a daddy.  While he may not be able to spew out that statistic exactly the way I can, I must say that he is a most fabulous father and role model for our three kiddos!  I am so incredibly blessed to be teaming along side of him in this journey of parenthood.  I really could type to infinity about his numerous attributes but today, I want to share just a few that are so prominent from day to day -








  • He supports our children by showing up to countless practices, games, awards ceremonies, concerts, music lessons, recitals...
  • He looks each of them in the eye at bedtime, makes sure they are looking back, and tells them he loves them...
  • He talks to our children about their lives...
  • He's a realistic and honest encourager...
  • Our children know from experience that he will do what he says he will do, and therefore, they can trust him undeniably...
  • He puts his family's interests above his own...
  • He is an incredibly hard worker, but is never a workaholic...
  • He puts up with me on a daily basis and tells me everyday that he loves me...
  • He makes us laugh..
In 1972, Father's Day became recognized as an official national holiday - 58 years after President Woodrow Wilson made Mother's Day official.  When I read that information, I was quite surprised by how young this holiday actually is!  I see everyday in my workplace how crucial father's are to the success of their children; unfortunately, I see it because so many are missing a dad in their lives.

Today, I reflect on how I have had the opportunity to be surrounded by so many great fathers... and I say thank you to Chris, Johnny, Gary, JC, and Charlie!


4 comments:

  1. I love this post. So many people complain or talk negatively about their husbands. I'm so glad to be related to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daryl - Glad to be part of the same family with you as well!

      Delete