Sunday, January 13, 2013

Camera Geek Weirdo



Camera Geek and Weirdo - These words were loving used to describe me the other day and what's even more "geekish" and "weird" is that I loved that these words were loving used to describe me!

A little after lunch on Friday, a low dense fog began to settle upon our town.  I have large windows along an entire side and the front of my new library land so I watched as this low fog thickened like a rue that I might be stirring on the stove.

By the time I left work, the fog was more like clouds that had decided to descend rather than the typical fog.  I made my usual trek down a main street in our town, pulled into my little nutter butter's school parking lot, and stepped out into the mist.  Honestly, it was a little eerie.  A little like the scene from an Alfred Hitchcock film or the perfect setting of an Edgar Allan Poe short story or poem.  The House of Usher would have fit perfectly into the scene.  

With my youngest one-of-three now in the car, we headed home back down the same street I had just driven with one exception - the opposite vantage point.  My nutter butter and I were discussing the fog when I looked to the left.  I looked because my eyes were drawn to age old giant trees that stood in all their detailed glory with an almost perfect backdrop of white!  

Now normally, to me anyway, nature in winter looks a little bleak and uninteresting unless we are graced with one of those wet snows that turns all things dead into magical white silhouettes. But on this day, I was absolutely stunned by these naked, dormant trees.

I went straight home, grabbed my camera, and headed straight back to the scene pictured above.  Looking at the mysterious yet tranquil scene, one would never guess that traffic whizzed by as my camera clicked away.  

Returning home, I shared my new shots with my oldest one-of-three.  Her reply, "You went into the field and took pictures?  You're one of those weirdos!"  

That's ok with me - I got the shot that I wanted! 




No comments:

Post a Comment