Saturday, January 19, 2013

LOL #22


My middle-one-of-three, my son, is a thinker.  He contemplates ideas, statements and situations.  I can't count the number of times I've heard him say, "Hey Mommy, the other day, I was thinking..." or "I had this thought last night..." He has no idea, but it's a gift - his reflective nature.  I know many adults with absolutely no capacity to do what he has mastered in his 12 short years.  Make connections; compare and contrast; just to think deeply.

Today, one of his "thinking deeply" situations made me laugh, chuckle really.  And at the same time, it complemented me and made my heart all warm inside.

He walks up to me today as I'm working in the kitchen, hands me a piece of paper and says, "I made of picture of me on the front and I made something for you and Daddy on the back" and walks away. On the front, was a drawing of himself looking very much like Percy Jackson, his favorite book character.  For those that don't know, Percy is the main character in the Rick Riordan series which begins with the book The Lightning Thief.  Several years ago, it was this book that prompted his fascination with the Greeks and their gods.  He knows them like the back of his hand.  Honestly, when I looked at this drawing, in my head I'm thinking, "Oh, another drawing of Percy."  His picture of himself is below.

When I flipped the paper over though, I was really surprised.  I could instantly imagine the wheels spinning and turning like clockwork in his mind as he labored on this scrap paper piece of art.  It was this drawing that made me laugh. There I was, portrayed as the Greek goddess, Athena, goddess of wisdom!  I'm looking at myself standing on a cloud of facts and figures with a book in hand and my smart librarian glasses on my head!  And even better, a glowing light bulb over my brain!!!

The hubster, standing beside me on the page, is compared to Hephaestus, the "Mr. Fix It" god as my son explained it in layman terms for me.  He pegged him!  The hubster stands resplendently upon his cloud of tool terminology with a sturdy wrench in hand gazing over toward the cloud upon which his wife of wisdom stands!  

The absolute best part - the heart floating between us!  

My middle-one-of-three - the thinker.  Oh how I love that boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment