Sunday, March 25, 2012

Google Gardener


I'm not sure of the attraction but I'm fascinated with photos of people's feet.  I really don't even like feet to be perfectly honest especially adult bare feet, kiddos are ok.  Of course all photos have a story to tell, but I think it's the mystery of only seeing the subject's feet that draws me in to the story of these shots.  The photo leaves the viewer guessing - what does the person look like?  is this person a man, woman, boy or girl?  I wonder what they are doing?  Sometimes those questions can be easily answered, other times not.  I won't leave you guessing on this one; here's the story behind this shot...

Almost seven years ago, my husband and I trekked our family across a couple of states for his new job.  It was a move that we were excited about and one that we thought was part of our family plan.  We left behind a nice home sitting on almost two acres.  Our new location greeted us with a townhome on .04 acres.  We told ourselves it was temporary and that we would love our new yard-maintenance free living.  Let's just say the honeymoon period didn't last long.  We missed our space.  I was never really much of gardener but now that I couldn't...  Well, we all know how that goes.

A little over two years ago, we moved from that townhome to a home with not just a yard, but a well manicured and thriving yard!  As I sit now in my sunroom with more windows than walls, I can see more types of trees and vegetation than I can count.  Recently, I have been moving some plants around and adding some different varieties here and there.  Most of my plant knowledge comes from Google with a dash of Southern Living thrown in for good measure.  I am in no way any kind of gardening guru but I am loving my yard!  Today was one of those days when the weeds were calling my name.  "Pull me, pull me," they were saying.  So I did.  In the process, I stopped to survey my work, looked up and saw my reflection in the glass storm door.  My mind instantly said, "What a perfect shot!  Garden feet!"  Camera came out, tripod went up and timer was set - click - Google Gardener.







No comments:

Post a Comment