Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring; Sprang; has, have, or had Sprung


While sitting in a staff development session at work yesterday, I had a flashback of my high school English class with a sentence on the board (written in perfect cursive, of course) and the teacher saying, "Ok class, try diagramming this sentence."  While most of you may be breaking out into a cold sweat right now just thinking of having to diagram a sentence, I was not.  Man, I was on it!  I know - it's really weird that I loved diagramming sentences!  It's that whole letter and word thing that goes on in my head.  I'm also an incredibly visual person so pairing words and a visual together - diagramming sentences was the perfect puzzle for me.

This week in our yard, spring has most definitely sprung!  Temps are up, flowers are blooming, shorts were removed from the hanger, and most importantly, flip flops were dusted and donned!  The sunshine has been incredible this week; maybe made more incredible by the very wet winter we've had.  Regardless, I couldn't wait to use the ten spare minutes I had after picking up the kids from school and before heading to a sports practice to get my camera outdoors to play. 

I am blessed to have moved into a house a few years ago that was built 40 years ago, and it all came with a treasured yard that holds wonderful surprises that arrive each spring.  The daffodils are crazy this year.  Last fall we removed some prickly, ickly juniper and who would have known that it was hiding large clumps of daffodils!  Today, when I headed outside with my 50 mm, they were screaming, "Pick me, pick me!" 

You can see that I didn't resist; I sprang at the opportunity and I hope you enjoy the little taste of spring that has sprung from our little corner of the world.























No comments:

Post a Comment