Friday, April 27, 2012

No. 3


My kids amaze me.  They have yet to tire of me begging them to be my practice subjects.  On my way home this week I drove by this field of wheat, oats, not quite sure - just really tall, beautifully wheat-colored grass.  In my head I'm already formulating my speech to coerce my little nutter butter, child no. 3, into coming back with me to snap a few shots.  I quickly picked the kids up from school, pleaded my case with my youngest, had her don some denim and away we went.  Twenty minutes later, I was back home making pancakes for supper, also a children's book title by the way - a variation of the classic Little Black Sambo.

So, I started this blog for three reasons - 1. I love words; 2. I wanted something to do just for me; and 3. I wanted to hold myself accountable for improving my photography.  This post is all about reason number three.  The above photo was taken with my 50mm lens which gives me a great sharp shot.  I love the original which is posted below, but thought I would play around with some color action and texture.  Honestly, I'm quite the purist when it comes to photos, but decided to give the textures a try after some gentle nudging by a sweet friend and fellow photography enthusiast.

That being said, this is a blog post seeking constructive criticism.  I can critique my own photos all day long, but really, it's not the same as feedback from others. I have posted both the original shot and the edited shot.  I am interested in hearing if viewers are purists and prefer the original or if the edited shot is the favored one.  Again, it's all about reason no. 3 today.


Original

Edit


No comments:

Post a Comment