Saturday, August 18, 2012

LOL #15


My oldest-one-of-three put a big smile on my face this evening when she walked into the kitchen and began her crazy antics and gave me a hug - all because I had made salsa! 

I began baking when I was much, much younger and in my momma's kitchen, and I haven't stopped baking or cooking since.  To me, one of life's joys is to be able to make something yummy and have people enjoy eating it.  Give me a house full of people, a kitchen full of food, and I'm happy! 

Tonight, my youngest-one-of-three and I picked some tomatoes from our garden; jalapenos were harvested a few days ago.  Our dinner menu for this evening included tacos so the obvious side dish was salsa.  I began several years ago making fresh salsa and my three kids and the hubster eat it up.  It's quite a mystery to me though.  If I put any of the individual ingredients in front of them, they wouldn't touch any of them with a ten foot pole!  Put them all together though, give them a few pulses in the food processor, open a bag of tortilla chips, and the kiddos come running.

As we were eating dinner and dipping into the salsa bowl, my oldest says, "Have you made out your will?"  I responded, "Maybe..."  Her reply, "Well, you have to add the salsa recipe to it and will it to me!"  My reply - another smile!

Here's my ingredient list if you want to give it a try.  Amounts are more or less to taste; there's really no recipe.  My hope is that it will bring smiles to your home as well.

Roma tomatoes - 5 or 6 usually
jalapenos - 1-2
2-3 cloves of garlic
red onion - maybe 1/2, depends on how strong it is
handful of cilantro
salt - maybe a tsp
sugar - maybe a tsp

Put everything in a food processor and pulse away!  If it's too spicy, add more tomatoes.


I added yellow pear tomatoes tonight as well just because we have surplus from the garden!



No comments:

Post a Comment