Friday, July 6, 2012

LOL #9

Among the monotony of life's daily tasks, it's the little unexpected surprises that break up the mundane and often put a smile on my face. 

Since school has been out for the summer, I have been driving the eldest 1 of 3 to cross country training at her soon-to-be high school.  Now, that may not seem like a big deal; however, the training starts at 8:00 AM and anyone that knows me for longer than probably a second, can tell you that I am not and will never be a morning person!  So not only are summers a treat because I get to spend them hanging out with my kiddos, they are also a welcomed opportunity for me to sleep in a bit. 

It is on this morning drive that I first saw what I thought was a beaver alongside the road to the school.  I suspected beaver because this road parallels a river.  The hubster (he doesn't like me calling him hubby in my posts - let's see if he likes hubster) has taken our daughter to training a couple of times and has seen the same "varmint" as he calls it.  He has proclaimed it to be of the groundhog variety.  Our debate has been ongoing and our sightings of this little guy have been just about a daily occurrence.  He has actually made my short drive to the school more enjoyable!  Watching to see if he's there; wondering what his attraction is to this little grassy area right by the roadside.  He's made me very curious.

Of course, I eventually had to take my DSLR to see if I could get a shot of the little guy.  This past Monday, I had the camera sitting in the console just waiting to quickly pull over to the side and grab a quick shot.  The ride over - no beaver!  The ride back home - no beaver!!  The ride back to pick her up - no beaver!!!

Coming back home with eldest 1 of 3 in the passenger side, I said, "Look there he is!"  I quickly drove past, pulled into a clearing, popped open the sunroof and began snapping!  Only, no beaver!!!! Two, yes two, groundhogs!  My trusty 55-250mm gave me a close up look at the tails.  While I was a little disappointed that I didn't win the debate with the hubster, I still had a smile on my face at these two little creatures looking back at me through my lens.  I can only imagine what they were thinking - "Hmmm... crazy lady or crazy lady?  Oh well, just smile for her."



2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! So funny! I wish they would have been beavers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you stopped to photograph them - reminds me to slow down and find joy in even the most mundane tasks!

    ReplyDelete