Sunday, July 15, 2012

LOL #10

Visiting what I call "junk shops" is a treat for me.  Officially, the owners of these businesses like to refer to their shops as "antique stores."  You say to-may-toe; I saw to-mot-toe. 

Since I have an affinity to objects of yesteryear, I absolutely love browsing through the nooks and crannies of these shops.  Occasionally I will come home with someone else's junk, but mostly, the fun really comes from just looking at the never-ending stuff!

This week, my eldest 1-of-3 and I had some time to look through some of these shops.  Hence, this week's LOL photo.  This RCA Victor Portable made me laugh.  It looks like it is straight out of a teenage bedroom or modern kitchen of the 1950s or 60s.  What made me laugh the most was the handle on top!  I mean really, how many people do you think carried one of these around?  It's not exactly a lightweight.  And the rabbit ears sticky out the back, those were a flashback.  My kids don't even know what those are!

I walked about 20 feet around the corner and laughter struck again.  Not only had I just passed by the cool, hip version of the mobile television but I now was staring at the living room version right off the set of Happy Days.


No comments:

Post a Comment