Monday, May 21, 2012

Fringe Benefits


The World Dictionary by Collins defines fringe benefit (noun) as an incidental or additional advantage.  I would most definitely describe the latter part of my weekend as a fringe benefit! 

My oldest played in an incredibly large soccer tournament this weekend.  One that was touted as bringing over 2 million dollars into the local economy of a seaside town in which the tournament was hosted.  In her many years of soccer play, I have attended numerous tournaments and can't even begin to imagine hour many hours I have clocked watching her games.  While my competive spirit does enjoy watching her play (well except maybe in that 12 degree season opener this year - still thawing out from that one),  the enjoyment of traveling to soccer field after soccer field sometimes waxes and wanes. 

That being said, after the tournament play was finished this weekend, we headed the family bus down the road to the beach - my fringe benefit of soccer for the season!

I love, love, love the beach.  The wildlife, the sound, the sand, the people watching, the tide, the dunes, the boats, the vegetation, the squeals of my kiddos in the cold May water... love it all!  The double fringe was carrying my camera and my zoom lens along!  So many things to photograph at the beach, and yes, even a soccer ball!




1 comment:

  1. I am in total agreement about the beach Thanks for thinking of me while you were there!

    ReplyDelete