Tuesday, May 8, 2012

LOL #1


No, these guys are not prehistoric creatures of some kind.  They are bullfrog tadpoles and they made me absolutely laugh out loud today.  

Having received inspiration and the idea from another photography blog that I follow, The CoffeeShop Blog, I have decided to try and make a weekly post of photographs that make me laugh, smile, grin, giggle...  You get the idea.

This week's LOL photo subjects are four bullfrog tadpoles - recent additions to my Libraryland Farm (yes, I said "farm," that will have to wait for another post).  My second graders are researching frogs so what better way to research than to see them up close and personal! 

In the process of cleaning the frog tank today, I dumped the not-so-little lads into a bowl for safe keeping.  They were a hoot! (That's Southern for way-too-funny.) From looking at these photos one would never know that they were splashing like crazy in their little holding tank.  All of their shenanigans made me think I was going to be picking up the slimy guys off the carpet!  Thankfully, they behaved long enough for me the clean their domain and get them back into their home safe and sound.

Let's talk photography.  Since I don't typically carry my DSLR to work everyday, these shots were taken with my trusty pocket cam - AKA iPhone 4.  Not super high quality work, but also not too bad for a phone cam.  I love the reflection of the four froggy fellows in the above shot. 

Hmm... I just wonder what this guy is thinking??? 

 

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I need these for my Hale's Hoppers classroom!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were being sold at the farmer's market in town for 50 cents a piece! Eventually their home will be our social worker's pond. The kids are loving them! Biggest tadpoles I've ever seen though!

      Delete