Wednesday, May 16, 2012

LOL #2


Grins, giggles and gasps were plentiful yesterday afternoon on the lawn of the elementary school where I get to introduce children to the world of books and what we can learn from them.

This week's LOL photo is of a sweet little kindergarten girl who was mesmerized into stillness while she sat up close and personal to a real-live butterfly! It soooo made me smile to watch her!  So, what's the story?  The kindergartners, their teachers, and I have been waiting for wings (and OBTW, also a fabulous children's book)!

About three weeks ago, our butterfly kit arrived.  Students helped placed their minuscule larvae into a little plastic cup, complete with food, and began watching them grow.  In the library, we began to explore and research the world of butterflies.  We continued to wait patiently, because a butterfly is patient (another great book as well), and saw each form her chrysalis and then finally watched them emerge as beautiful Painted Ladies!

Yesterday was Release Day - and oh, so cool!  I couldn't resist taking my camera to school for the big day and so glad I did.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment