Thursday, May 31, 2012

LOL #4


A rather pompous English professor once told me that good writers don't write about their dogs.  Now, I am in no way proclaiming that I am a writer of any merit, but I am saying that I think this professor's statement is bunk.  How could these comical canines not be the subject of many great tales?

This week's LOL photo subject is my Old English Sheepdog Georgia, named after the state where our family began homemaking.  She makes me laugh quite often but yesterday, I pulled into the driveway after a crazy work day.  Everyone was home and G-dawg was outside - her favorite place to be.  She greeted me at the driver side door with her wiggly, waggling, tailless behind but couldn't contain her excitement in just a wiggle.  After a quick pet, she started racing around the front yard - to the right, back to me, to the left, back to me, full circle, back to me , and then began all over again!  How cool is that?  I had someone so excited that I was home that she just couldn't contain it and had to run out the excitement!  I just stood there laughing out loud at her hilarious sprint. 

Georgia is quite the canine - way too smart. Here are just a few of her shenanigans that have brought on the sound of laughter, mostly by those with whom we have shared the stories:

Did you know there is an animal poison control?  Yes, there is.  You can call them if your dog eats a canister of wood putty.

Our children are 14, 11, and 8 and we added baby locks to cabinets and drawers 2 years ago when Georgia arrived - didn't know dogs could open those things!

Ever have a dog waiting in the driver's seat of the car for you?  How did she get in that Suburban?  Open window maybe?

I never knew a roll of toilet paper could be so entertaining!  Not once, not twice, not three times...

Houdini is what we should have named her. Containment = challenge to her.

Regardless, those wiggly greetings, those loyal eyes, that undivided attention she gives make me smile, on my face and in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment